The following links contain information regarding online resources, mental health issues, and personal growth. Some of the links will direct you to web sites not owned by the University of Mississippi; while we believe these resources contain useful information, the University is not responsible for content on these sites.
- The Importance of Self Care: Too busy to take care of yourself? These talks offer simple ways to stay healthy — both emotionally and physically.
Activities that help you connect, process, and reflect on a full range of emotions
- Examples of emotional self-care:
- Seeing a counselor
- Writing in a journal
- Creating art
- Playing music
Tasks you complete that fulfill core aspects of your life in order to prevent future stressful situations.
- Examples of practical self-care:
- Creating a budget
- taking professional development classes
- organizing your closet
Activities you do that improve the well-being of your physical health.
- Examples of physical self-care:
- Taking a walk during lunch breaks
- Sleeping eight hours a day
- Staying hydrated
- YouTube Fitness Channels
Any activity that stimulates your mind or your intellect.
- Examples of mental self-care:
- Reading a book
- Solving a puzzle
- Playing chess
- Going to a museum
Activities that nurture and deepen the relationships with people in your life.
- Examples of social self-care:
- Brunch with friends
- Going on a date
- Making time to call your family or friends regularly
Activities that nurture your spirit and allow you to think bigger than yourself. Spiritual self-care does not have to be religious, although for some it is.
- Examples of spiritual self-care:
- Going to a place of worship
- Be in nature
- Dedicate time for self-reflection
Click the links below to check out facts about test anxiety and tips on how to reduce it!
Practicing Healthy Sleeping Habits
Substance Abuse Services
At the University Counseling Center, we understand that alcohol abuse can be a significant problem on college campuses. Our philosophy is one of acceptance, respect, compassion and support for the individuals we serve.
For a complete list of local AA Meetings, go to www.aa-mississippi.org
For a complete list of local Al-Anon Meetings, go to www.msafg.org