Activities that help you connect, process, and reflect on a full range of emotions
- Examples of emotional self-care:
- Seeing a counselor
- Writing in a journal
- Creating art
- Playing music
Tasks you complete that fulfill core aspects of your life in order to prevent future stressful situations.
- Examples of practical self-care:
- Creating a budget
- taking professional development classes
- organizing your closet
Activities you do that improve the well-being of your physical health.
- Examples of physical self-care:
- Taking a walk during lunch breaks
- Sleeping eight hours a day
- Staying hydrated
Any activity that stimulates your mind or your intellect.
- Examples of mental self-care:
- Reading a book
- Solving a puzzle
- Playing chess
- Going to a museum
Activities that nurture and deepen the relationships with people in your life.
- Examples of social self-care:
- Brunch with friends
- Going on a date
- Making time to call your family or friends regularly
Activities that nurture your spirit and allow you to think bigger than yourself. Spiritual self-care does not have to be religious, although for some it is.